New Build Properties
Buying a new build property is often the perfect solution for aspiring home owners, whether it’s your first home, next home or dream home. A chain free purchase, often with incentives from developers, a 10 year guarantee together with a maintenance free blank canvas allowing you to create your own happy place.
The conveyancing process is different for those buying a new home and it’s important to ensure you choose a conveyancing solicitor with the appropriate expertise and experience. Whilst the legalities of your becoming the legal owner of the property are similar, there are many factors that are different and require expertise when dealing with new build property transactions.
The key differences include checking planning permissions, building consents, agreements for the adoption of roads and sewers, dealing with retentions and from a practical point of view, the speed of the legal work has to be completed much quicker as contracts are normally required to be exchanged within 28 days of reservation.
Whilst there is often no, or a limited chain when purchasing a new build, there are different considerations that impact the timescales involved. The property you are buying may not be even built yet and so it being ready for occupation can be many months away. Also, timescales can change as delays can occur in the build such as the weather, availability of materials and many other factors outside the control of the developer. Whilst you will always have up to date idea as to the progress towards completion, you will often have just 10 days’ notice to complete once the property is built.
We have been helping people in their residential property transactions for over 200 years and our team of expert conveyancers have vast amounts of experience in dealing with new build property transactions, working with the developer throughout the process to be by your side and get you into your new home successfully.
- Bespoke advice from a team of professional and highly reviewed conveyancing lawyers.
- A fast, efficient service.
- Swift responses to your calls and emails.
- A listening ear should you have any worries throughout the process.
- The very latest in conveyancing technology, including instant updates and case tracking through our own mobile app or if your developer is a partner of yourkeys then we integrate directly with yourkeys for real time progression tracking.
Buying a new home is one of life’s most stressful experiences, and so to help that process be a whole lot more seamless we’ve partnered with the award-winning company Yourkeys.
Yourkeys is the UK’s leading property technology company focused on buyer onboarding and sales progression tools. The SaaS based platform digitally streamlines the new home buying process for housebuilders providing efficiency and transparency to everyone involved.
Not only can you complete your reservation from the comfort of your own home, provide ID checks, pay fees but you can also instruct your conveyancer and mortgage broker from trusted partners within Yourkeys ever growing network.
Once you’ve completed all these steps, you’ll have total transparency throughout your buyer journey with Yourkeys providing updates along every step of the way. Making one of life’s most stressful experiences, as enjoyable as it should be.
Visit Yourkeys website and find out more at www.yourkeys.com.
Why choose our conveyancing solicitors?
We know that choosing the right conveyancing solicitor isn’t an easy task. You need to know exactly what to expect from the process and exactly how much it will cost. You should also be able to feel confident that your conveyancer will be proactive and take all the right steps at the right times (while keeping you in the loop).
We believe that your experience with us is just as important as the results we achieve. This is what we strive for every day, and we’re proud of our strong track record of success.
But we don’t really expect you to just take our word for it. So why choose us over all those other firms you are considering?
200 years of experience (so you can trust that we know what we’re talking about)
We have been helping people with their property transactions for 200 years. With conveyancing solicitors across our office network in Liverpool, Runcorn, and Warrington we are easily accessible for residents of Merseyside and Cheshire.
As one of the largest traditional high street solicitors providing conveyancing services in the area, you can rest assured that we have the expertise and resources to deal with your matter.
We can also deal with your transaction at arm’s length if you do not live locally or it’s simply more convenient for you to do everything online. Using the latest conveyancing technology to our advantage, we regularly deal with residential property transactions from all over England and Wales.
Traditional conveyancers – modern approach
We’ve been around for 200 years, but we appreciate that your conveyancing needs are a bit different from a client buying or selling their home in 1821. There’s a reason we’ve been around for so long, and that is our commitment to consistently improving and modernising our services.
We harness technology to make our clients’ experiences with us as smooth and straightforward as possible, and here are just a few ways you can benefit:
- We’ve developed our own conveyancing app for case tracking, document sharing, collaboration, ID verification, AML checks, payment, in-app/online completion of legally required property information forms, and instant messaging via mobile or online.
- If the developer is a user of yourkeys, we have direct integration allowing your transaction to benefit from the yourkeys platform instead of our mobile app.
- Our lawyers are always available to talk using whatever communication method is most convenient for you. As well as classic phone calls and email, we regularly talk to our clients via Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp and Microsoft Teams.
- We offer secure online file sharing to store important documents and allow you to view and collaborate on documents with your lawyer wherever you are in the world.
- We’ve invested heavily in streamlining our internal case management processes, so we can handle your transaction efficiently while reducing costs for you. We’re also paper-free, unlike many other firms, so doing your conveyancing with us is even good for the environment.
- Conveyancing fraud is on the rise, but with our secure online payment system, you can transfer money and pay fees with no risk. We have also received our Cyber Essentials certificate through an official Government-backed scheme which means we’re able to protect ourselves and you from a wide range of common cyber-attacks.
- Online is not for everyone. A member of the team would be delighted to speak to you to discuss your requirements and how we can help. Call 03444 124348 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Of course, we are also available by traditional communication methods if you prefer and you can visit one of our offices in Liverpool, Runcorn or Warrington.
Read about one of our conveyancer’s thoughts on how we use technology to level up our conveyancing service.
Independently accredited expertise
We are accredited by the Law Society Quality Conveyancing Scheme and furthermore we are audited externally due to our membership of LEAP best practice conveyancing scheme by the Centre of Assessment, assuring you that our work is quality assured.
We are on all the major lenders’ panels meaning we can act for you and your lender during the process.
Excellent client feedback
Just check out our independently verified reviews via review solicitors to find out what everyone else is saying about us. We take all feedback on board, from the great to the not-so-good.
We use every comment we receive to make our services even better and are ranked number one for housing & property out of the top law firms for all our local areas in Liverpool, Warrington and Halton (Runcorn) and we are a in the top 20 nationally.