Jobs with Bell Lamb & Joynson Solicitors
Liverpool, Maghull, Runcorn & Warrington
Bell Lamb & Joynson have been at our client's side since 1821, helping thousands of people navigate the difficult times in their lives, putting the client front and centre of the service that we provide. We are award-winning and one of the fastest-growing traditional high-street firms across Merseyside, North Cheshire, yet with national reach for many of the services that we provide. Service is key to our success so client-focused individuals would enjoy working within this growing team.
Runcorn, following the opening of the new Mersey Gateway Bridge, has excellent transport links with Merseyside and Cheshire. Our Runcorn office is a modern office space located in the shopping City with free parking and a large selection of shopping and leisure facilities upon its doorstep and has a large footfall. Our Liverpool office is based near Aintree the home of the Grand National and is a long-established office (over 40 years) and has free on-street parking and is a 2-minute walk from Orrell Park train station on the Northern Line a few stops from Liverpool City Centre. Our Warrington office is in the town centre within walking distance of all the local amenities with excellent accessibility for clients. Bell Lamb & Joynson uses modern SaaS cloud-based systems and shares back-office support across our office network.
Why Work for Bell Lamb & Joynson?
- Established in 1821, Bell Lamb & Joynson Solicitors is one of the region's oldest law firms with offices across North Cheshire and Merseyside.
- A forward-thinking firm which has invested heavily in both IT and staff with clear opportunities for advancement, progression, and training within the firm. Most partners over the years have started as trainees within the firm and 66% of the current partners were trainee solicitors within the firm.
- We are market-leading in terms of the technology we deploy and have been paper-free across the firm for several years.
- We are the number 1 rated firm locally on Review Solicitors for the services we provide and are highly rated nationally.
- Bell Lamb & Joynson is enjoying a period of sustained growth and is one of the fastest-growing traditional high-street firms in the area.
- Supportive and friendly culture. For our 200-year anniversary, we are putting our people and culture front and centre.
- The firm is award-winning and highly regarded.
- We pay competitive salaries and believe strongly in a sustainable work-life balance - remembering that even though we are dealing with serious matters and individuals in difficult circumstances, it is important to have fun with our colleagues.
- Staff Rewards and recognition – offering discounts on leisure, shopping, and free services such as well-being, confidential counselling, and support.
- Individual and Team performance incentives.
- Discounted legal services for colleagues, friends, and family.
- Agile and flexible working - we have had colleagues working from home well before the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Death in Service Benefit.
- Pension Plan.
- Up to 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
We annually award training contracts via an internal recruitment process as part of our defined career progression. We regularly recruit for roles that will lead to the opportunity for training contracts.
Throughout the year we welcome aspiring legal talent through our experience programme. For four days students spend time with us exploring the areas of Criminal law, Family law, Conveyancing, and Wills and Probate. They complete practical tasks such as drafting statements, Wills, and TR1 forms, as well as shadowing our key team members.
Our most recent work experience student Maddy had this to say about her time with us: “I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience at Bell Lamb and Joynson Solicitors, I would highly recommend working with them to anyone who has an interest in studying law in the future as it provides a realistic insight on all different aspects of the law. The tasks were challenging but rewarding in the sense that I gained new skills necessary for a future career in law.”
We currently do not have any places available for our Work Experience scheme until after August, so applications will only be accepted again at the beginning of September.
We do take speculative applications and will notify such applicants if any suitable roles become available.
To make a speculative application please complete the following online application form making sure you upload a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining what sort of role you are looking for here.
Or Scan the QR Code to begin the application.