By your side, helping make your property dreams come true.
At Bell Lamb & Joynson, our conveyancing solicitors are experienced in all aspects of conveyancing in England and Wales. We specialise in all kinds of residential property transactions, such as property sales and purchases, property transfers, and remortgages.
Our friendly and award-winning team are dedicated to helping people across Liverpool, Runcorn, Warrington, the wider North West and further afield across the country achieve their property goals.
Whether you are a first-time buyer looking for a starter home, a family looking to upsize or downsize, a buy-to-let landlord, or you’re in the process of remortgaging, you can expect:
- Bespoke advice from a team of professional and highly reviewed conveyancing lawyers.
- A fast, efficient service.
- Swift responses to your calls and emails.
- A listening ear should you have any worries throughout the process.
- The very latest in conveyancing technology, including instant updates and case tracking through our own mobile app.
- An accurate fixed fee quote in just 60 seconds.
We can guide you through the process smoothly, reducing stress and helping you side-step any legal risks. Our service will always be personalised to your needs – every property transaction is different, so the advice we give you will be unique.
We will ensure that you are fully aware of all of your rights and responsibilities prior to any contracts being signed, or transactions taking place. So, you can proceed with absolute confidence that you are making the right decisions.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Liverpool, Runcorn and Warrington
You can request an instant fixed fee quote online in just 60 seconds. Once you have your quote, there is no obligation to move forwards with us – it’s just to help you make the right decision about which solicitor to choose.
How our conveyancing solicitors can help you
Our biggest strength is our focus on customer service and communication. As buying or selling a home is likely to be one of the biggest financial decisions you will ever make, together with the stress it brings it is important that you use experienced conveyancing solicitors that you can trust.
We pride ourselves on good communication and will keep you, your mortgage broker and the estate agent updated throughout the process with key stage updates via email, text and through case tracking via our conveyancing app.
Our conveyancing services include:
- Buying and selling your home
- Equity transfers
- Conveyancing for first time buyers, including Help to Buy and Shared Ownership transactions
- Leasehold conveyancing, including buying and selling leasehold property, lease extensions and collective enfranchisement
- Gifting property (Deeds of Gift)
- Deeds of Trust (advice about joint ownership and tenants in common)
- Conveyancing for high net worth individuals
- Buy to let conveyancing and property investments
Why choose our conveyancing solicitors?
We know that choosing the right conveyancing solicitor isn’t an easy task. You need to know exactly what to expect from the process and exactly how much it will cost. You should also be able to feel confident that your conveyancer will be proactive and take all the right steps at the right times (while keeping you in the loop).
We believe that your experience with us is just as important as the results we achieve. This is what we strive for every day, and we’re proud of our strong track record of success.
But we don’t really expect you to just take our word for it. So why choose us over all those other firms you are considering?
200 years of experience (so you can trust that we know what we’re talking about)
We have been helping people with their property transactions for 200 years. With conveyancing solicitors across our office network in Liverpool, Runcorn, and Warrington we are easily accessible for residents of Merseyside and Cheshire.
As one of the largest traditional high street solicitors providing conveyancing services in the area, you can rest assured that we have the expertise and resources to deal with your matter.
We can also deal with your transaction at arm’s length if you do not live locally or it’s simply more convenient for you to do everything online. Using the latest conveyancing technology to our advantage, we regularly deal with residential property transactions from all over England and Wales.
Traditional conveyancers – modern approach
We’ve been around for 200 years, but we appreciate that your conveyancing needs are a bit different from a client buying or selling their home in 1821. There’s a reason we’ve been around for so long, and that is our commitment to consistently improving and modernising our services.
We harness technology to make our clients’ experiences with us as smooth and straightforward as possible, and here are just a few ways you can benefit:
- We’ve developed our own conveyancing app for case tracking, document sharing, collaboration, ID verification, AML checks, payment, in-app/online completion of legally required property information forms, and instant messaging via mobile or online.
- Our lawyers are always available to talk using whatever communication method is most convenient for you. As well as classic phone calls and email, we regularly talk to our clients via Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp and Microsoft Teams.
- We offer secure online file sharing to store important documents and allow you to view and collaborate on documents with your lawyer wherever you are in the world.
- We’ve invested heavily in streamlining our internal case management processes, so we can handle your transaction efficiently while reducing costs for you. We’re also paper-free, unlike many other firms, so doing your conveyancing with us is even good for the environment.
- Conveyancing fraud is on the rise, but with our secure online payment system, you can transfer money and pay fees with no risk. We have also received our Cyber Essentials certificate through an official Government-backed scheme which means we’re able to protect ourselves and you from a wide range of common cyber-attacks.
- You can request an instant conveyancing quote from us online in just 60 seconds.
- Online is not for everyone. A member of the team would be delighted to speak to you to discuss your requirements and how we can help. Call 03444 124348 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Of course, we are also available by traditional communication methods if you prefer and you can visit one of our offices in Liverpool, Runcorn or Warrington.
Read about one of our conveyancer’s thoughts on how we use technology to level up our conveyancing service.
Independently accredited expertise
We are accredited by the Law Society Quality Conveyancing Scheme and furthermore we are audited externally due to our membership of LEAP best practice conveyancing scheme by the Centre of Assessment, assuring you that our work is quality assured.
No other solicitors firm in Liverpool or North Cheshire has such an independent quality mark for conveyancing services. We are on all the major lenders’ panels meaning we can act for you and your lender during the process.
Excellent client feedback
Just check out our independently verified reviews via review solicitors to find out what everyone else is saying about us. We take all feedback on board, from the great to the not-so-good.
We use every comment we receive to make our services even better and are ranked number one for housing & property out of the top law firms for all our local areas in Liverpool, Warrington and Halton (Runcorn) and we are a in the top 25 nationally.
Get an instant, accurate online conveyancing quote in just 60 seconds
We are strong believers in transparency and are one of the first firms nationwide to provide instant conveyancing quote online via our website. Our quotes are transparent, with no hidden charges or misleading extras
Our aim is to provide you with quality conveyancing services at minimal cost and inconvenience to you. In line with the firm’s ethos of providing the personal touch, our team will be dedicated to your matter, keeping you advised throughout the whole process.
There are three main stages to buying or selling a home:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Offer and acceptance (as you might have guessed) is when a buyer makes an offer on a home and it is accepted by the seller. At this point, the transaction is not legally binding and either party can pull out for any reason.
Exchange of contracts (as the name also suggests) is when the buyer and seller sign the contract and officially agree to proceed with the house sale and purchase. Neither party can easily pull out once contracts are signed, so should do this only if they are absolutely sure that they want to proceed.
Prior to exchange, the buyer has a responsibility to make sure that the property is suitable for their needs and that they can afford to buy it. With the help of their solicitor wherever possible, the buyer should:
- Request information about the property from the seller and make further enquiries if necessary
- Check the legal title and plan
- Request local property searches
- Get an independent survey
- Arrange their mortgage (if they need one)
The buyer will also pay the deposit at the exchange of contracts stage.
The final stage of the conveyancing process is completion. This is when the property legally transfers from the seller to the buyer and details of the new ownership are submitted to HM Land Registry. Completion can happen on the same day as exchange, but it often happens a few days to a few weeks after.
Once the transaction has completed, the seller must leave the property and the buyer can pick up the keys and officially move in.
For any type of conveyancing transaction, the basic answer is as early on in the process as possible.
When buying or selling a property, you will need your solicitor to start acting once an offer has been accepted. So, it is usually a good idea to get your conveyancing solicitor lined up before this stage because:
- You probably want to seek a few quotes and spend some time shopping around.
- Whichever solicitor you choose, there will be some initial admin, such as signing their terms & conditions and going through identity checks.
We wish there was an easy answer to this question, but in reality, it will depend on the circumstances of your case.
A typical conveyancing transaction to buy or sell a home will usually take around 12-14 weeks from offer and acceptance. However, there are many factors that can affect how long a transaction takes, including:
- Whether there is a chain (a number of connected sales and purchases which all depend on each other to complete. For example, if your purchase depends on your current house selling, you have a chain).
- Whether there are any delays obtaining conveyancing searches or issues with the survey.
- Whether the buyer has a problem getting a mortgage.
We will always be completely honest about how long we think it will take to complete your transaction so you can make plans accordingly.
Conveyancing searches will be carried out by your solicitor to provide more information about the property you want to buy and the local area. These searches are requested before exchange of contracts and help the buyer decide whether to go ahead with their purchase. The main searches are:
- Local authority searches – to check for things like whether the property is listed or in a conservation area, or whether there are any local planning issues that could affect it.
- Water and drainage searches – to check for things like access to public sewers, piping, drains and who maintains them.
- Environmental searches – to check for things like contaminated land problems or subsidence.
There are many other types of searches you can do which may or may not be needed depending on the type of property and where it is, such as mining searches.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Liverpool, Runcorn and Warrington
You can request a fixed fee quote online in just 60 seconds. Once you have your quote, there is no obligation to move forwards with us – it’s just to help you make the right decision about which solicitor to choose.