Why Choose Us – Our Accreditations, Professional Memberships & Awards
We know that finding the right solicitor can be tricky. You need all the information before you can make a decision.
To make your research as easy as possible, we’ve put all our accreditations, professional memberships and awards here, so you can quickly see how we’re qualified to help with your legal matter.
Follow the links below to read about our accreditations, professional memberships and awards in our different service areas:
Call 03444 124348 | Ask us a Question
As a firm
As a firm, we are independently accredited by the Law Society in Lexcel, the legal practice quality mark for firms that display the highest standards of client care, compliance and legal practice management. We are assessed every year to make sure that we continue to meet these standards of excellence.
Here are a few reasons why choosing a Lexcel solicitor is a good decision:
- You will receive a first class client service
- We ditch the legal jargon for clear, straightforward advice
- Our service is consistent from start to finish
- We answer calls and emails quickly and always make ourselves available to talk when you need us
- We’re cost-efficient, so you can be sure that you’re getting a great deal on your legal fees
- We are completely paper-free – efficient and also great for the environment
As a firm, we use technology to our advantage, from putting in place a client portal that allows you to access and provide all the information you need such as price lists and your legal documents, to developing our very own conveyancing app. Because of this, we take your security and protecting your personal data extremely seriously.
We have received our Cyber Essentials certificate for putting in place high quality IT infrastructure, security procedures and data protection policies.
This means that you can trust us to safeguard you against most cyber attacks. Whether you choose to send us a message via our app or rely on good old email, your communications are safe with us. We are able to safely and securely share files online, even if you are on the other side of the world. We also have a secure online payment system, so you can pay your legal fees with no risk.
We are independently regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) which means we follow strict rules to provide the highest quality service to our clients, including:
- Explaining your legal options in clear language that makes sense to you
- Explaining exactly how much our work will cost or how we work out our charges
- Putting your best interests first at all times
- Respecting your confidentiality
- Treating you fairly and with respect
- Communicating with you how you want to be communicated with (whether that’s face-to-face, by email, phone, text or WhatsApp, video call or other means)
- Telling you about how we store, protect and use your data
We are members of the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS), the recognised quality standard for residential conveyancing services.
We can help you buy or sell your home, remortgage, invest in buy to let property, transfer equity to undertake any other residential property transaction. As accredited members of CQS we:
- Have been independently recognised for our expertise in this area
- Proactively recognise and reduce risks involved in conveyancing transactions
- Are upfront about our fees and (for most purchases) can provide an instant online fixed fee quote in just 60 seconds
We are the only solicitors firm in Liverpool or North Cheshire to have received the LEAP Best Practice Standard by the Centre of Assessment.
We are regularly audited to ensure that we provide the highest quality service by improving our communications, reducing risk, streamlining process and ultimately making conveyancing more cost-effective for you.
We were proud to win the Eclipse Proclaim Modern Law Conveyancing Award for client care in 2019. This award is a testament to our consistently excellent service and the dedication of our team to doing the very best for our clients.
Crime and criminal defence
Our criminal defence team have earned the Law Society Criminal Litigation Accreditation, which is the recognised quality standard for lawyers who have a high level of skill defending clients involved in criminal law cases.
Our team includes seven independently recognised Criminal Litigation Specialists:
Qualified police station representatives and duty solicitors
Our Criminal Law team includes specially qualified police station representatives and duty solicitors who represent clients at police stations, places of detention and courts across the country.
We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to assist you and we can usually be by your side within 45 minutes of receiving your call – the only thing that affects our response time is distance.
For urgent out of hours matters call FREEPHONE 0808 196 1790.
Higher Courts advocates
Our team includes five qualified higher court advocates who can represent clients at any court level, including the Crown Court and Court of Appeal.
Mike Leeman is on the committee of the Criminal Law Solicitors’ Association (CLSA), an organisation of criminal law specialists that:
- Encourages and maintains the highest standards of criminal law advocacy and practice
- Works to improve criminal process
- Helps criminal law specialists to continue improving their skills
Serious Fraud Panel
Jeremy Rawson is an accredited advocate and supervisor on the Serious Fraud Panel with particular expertise dealing with what are known as Very High Cost Cases (VHCC).
We won the Liverpool Law Society’s award for Criminal Law in 2019, reflecting our dedication and highly reputable position as the 8th largest criminal defence provider in the country.
We are members of the Law Society’s Children Law Accreditation which is the recognised quality standard for legal practitioners who specialise in representing children in family law proceedings.
Our team includes two independently recognised children’s representatives, Ruth Scarisbrick and Suzanne Daley, who both have decades of experience providing warm, personal advice and support to children as well as parents, grandparents, guardians and other family members.
Our Family Law team are members of Resolution, which is a family law network for professionals who specialise in helping families find positive out-of-court solutions to a wide range of issues, including divorce, relationship breakdown and co-parenting issues.