Private Client Paralegal/Assistant (Wills, Probate and LPA)
We are looking for a talented individual to join our private client department to assist a busy senior department fee earner manage an existing case load and help develop and grow the department as a whole. BLJ utilises modern cloud-based systems and shares back office support across our office network. This role requires an individual who is flexible and is able to work at any one time across our office network, primarily in Liverpool and Runcorn and occasionally in Warrington.
- Assist in the management of an existing caseload under supervision.
- Dealing with new enquiries from clients in a sensitive and efficient manner. Arranging meetings and obtaining all necessary information in order to assist in the preparation for such meetings.
- Dealing with enquiries from clients on existing matters in person and over the phone.
- Drafting simple wills, LPAs and probate documents.
- General administrative and secretarial duties may also be required.
- Progressing matters on behalf of clients with supervision of the fee earner.
- Legal research when required and a willingness to improve knowledge and skills in this area of Law.
- Progression opportunities once comfortable in the role with a view to managing a case load under supervision in due course.
The role requires the following:
Some experience in Wills, Probate and LPA’s to the point that the successful candidate is able to deal with enquiries and progress simple matters with supervision. In addition the following: –
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in person and on the phone.
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft office and cloud applications.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Ambition to progress to be a full-time fee earner in due course.
- An ability/desire to network and promote the firm and its services would be an advantage.
- Full clean driving licence and use of a car.
BLJ was established in 1821 and has offices across North Cheshire and Merseyside. This is an excellent opportunity to join a longstanding and forward-thinking firm which invests in its staff with clear opportunities for advancement within the firm. This is a role which envisages progression and continued training and development with a view to becoming a full-time fee earner in their own right in due course. Salary is commensurate with experience/skills in this area of law but with a range of £15,000 to £20,000.
To apply please forward you CV and a covering letter by email to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Friday the 12th of October 2018 at 5p.m.