These are unprecedented times for all of us and we appreciate that there is significant concern around the COVID-19 pandemic.
The prime minister’s statement from March 23, 2020, perhaps highlighted the seriousness of the situation, by announcing that for the next three weeks, if not considerably longer, the United Kingdom will be in a ‘locked–down’ state.
The most important thing in all this is the health and safety of our friends and families, alongside all of our clients, staff and the businesses that we work with, who have supported us – that must be everyone’s primary concern.
We are incredibly fortunate in that we have invested heavily in technology over the years and we are a recognised leading firm in this regard. We have had all our staff working from home seamlessly and with immediate effect following government advice around social distancing. Our team are committed to servicing existing clients and assisting new clients as normal.
We are contactable by all our usual channels namely phone, email, online chat and a 24-hour emergency number. We are also able to conduct face to face meetings utilising video conferencing via all the main platforms including Microsoft Teams, Skype, Zoom, Face Time, WhatsApp and, where appropriate, we can also arrange such conferences with counsel via these methods so that we can progress your matter.
For now, our physical office network is not open to members of the public. I apologise if this causes any inconvenience, but I am sure that we can all agree that everybody‘s health and safety take precedence at this time.
However, Bell Lamb & Joynson are still very much open for business and as indicated we are able to continue to work for all our existing clients and new clients to our usual high service standards and can do all of this online.
We can offer the following: –
- We can arrange appointments on the phone or via video conferencing.
- We can deal with our Identification Requirements using facial recognition via a mobile phone app so there’s no need to attend the office.
- All our instruction forms can be completed online, including applications for legal aid and we can electronically sign important documents via DocuSign.
- We utilise secure client portals for secure sharing of documents giving you round the clock access to them with the ability to share with us at your convenience. For conveyancing this includes our own dedicated mobile app so you can track your matter 24/7.
- We can accept online payment.
- Our criminal team are still attending urgent court appointments and attending police stations within the current guidelines with regard to social distancing within the criminal justice system and they are still available 24/7, 365 days of the year to provide urgent advice and assistance.
Whilst there is an inevitable disruption across the country that will be caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are committed to be there to support, advise, offer guidance and ensure that we remain ‘by your side’ as we have been since 1821.
Please remain vigilant and safe in these unprecedented times. Support your loved ones and help the vulnerable wherever you are able. If you need us during this time, please get in touch.
Bell Lamb & Joynson.