Criminal Duty Solicitor/Solicitor
We are looking for a talented solicitor to join our award-winning criminal team. The individual in question will need to be a qualified solicitor and whilst duty status is advantageous, it is not a prerequisite. We would also consider an individual who about to qualify.
We as a firm are naturally agile and are happy to accommodate a member of the team into either our Liverpool or Runcorn office as the criminal department operates very much as a team irrespective of location. This includes working from home which we have been doing since before the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bell Lamb & Joynson have been at our client's side since 1821, representing individuals in many high profile and leading cases over the years. We are in the top 20% by volume of legal aid firms, representing clients the length and breadth of England & Wales. Our team is currently the Liverpool Law Society Criminal Law award winners.
Runcorn, following the opening of the new Mersey gateway bridge has excellent transport links with Merseyside and Cheshire. Our Runcorn office is located in the shopping City with free parking and a large selection of shopping and leisure facilities upon its doorstep and has a large footfall. Our Liverpool office is based in near to Aintree the home of the Grand National and is a long-established office (over 40 years) and has free on street parking and is a 2-minute walk from Orrell Park train station on the Northern Line a few stops from Liverpool City Centre.
Bell Lamb & Joynson utilises modern saas cloud-based systems and shares back office support across our office network. Our entire criminal department is 100% paperless and has been for a number of years.
Note that in the current environment there will be some working from home required.
Job Title: Criminal Solicitor
Reports to: Head of Department
Advising Suspects in the police station.
Being proactive during the police investigation.
Representation of defendants in the magistrate’s court including at trial.
Representation of the defendants in the crown court including working closely with our HCA’s in preparing cases or instructing and liaising with counsel.
We adopt a cradle to grave approach with regard to cases in terms of overall file ownership but work very closely as a team to support each other.
Skills knowledge and experience
Police Station Accreditation. IT
Working in a Team.
|Criminal Law (essential)
Case management system (essential)
Working in a paperless environment (desirable)
Why Work for Bell Lamb & Joynson Solicitors?
- Bell Lamb & Joynson were established in 1821 and is one of the regions oldest law firms and has offices across North Cheshire and Merseyside. This is our 200th year in practice.
- Despite our age, we are a forward-thinking firm which has invested heavily in both IT and staff with clear opportunities for advancement and training within the firm. We have clear progression opportunities.
- We are committed to Legal Aid and Criminal Defence with 80% of the partners working exclusively in legal aid. Our Manging Partner is on the committee of the CLSA. At the same time, we have strong and award-winning departments in other areas giving the firm the flexibility and agility of not being hampered by being reliant on legal aid income.
- We are the number 1 rated firm by review solicitors, based on independent client feedback for criminal defence in Merseyside and North Cheshire and we in the top 15 rated firms nationally.
- We are market leading in terms of the technology we deploy and regularly beta test software from leading software providers.
- Bell Lamb & Joynson are enjoying a period of sustained growth and are one of the fastest growing traditional high street firms in the area.
- Supportive and friendly culture
- Our criminal department is award winning.
- Salary range is dependent upon qualification and experience.
- Departmental bonus shared amongst the team if yearly targets are met.
- Staff Rewards Scheme via perk box – offering discounts on leisure, shopping, and free services such as wellbeing and support. Additional rewards and team building opportunities if department targets are met.
Please email your CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org