DUTY SOLICITOR REQUIRED
We are recruiting an ambitious Duty Solicitor to work in our busy criminal department. The individual will need to be eligible to go onto the duty scheme in time for the Rota that commences October 2018. We have offices serving Liverpool and North Cheshire and so can offer flexibility in terms of location. We would be happy to consider applications from those looking for a part time role.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and is negotiable. Holding higher rates will be advantageous but not essential.
Why Join BLJ?
- We offer a competitive salary in a challenging market including overtime for out of hours PACE and Saturday morning courts.
- All our qualified fee earners participate in the firms’ bonus scheme if targets are met.
- We have been in practice for nearly 200 years, so you get the chance to join a longstanding, well respected multi discipline practice which is in a period of sustained growth operating in Merseyside and Cheshire.
- Genuine career prospects. We have clear career progression with partnership achievable for the right candidate. We invest in and support staff and will actively assist develop higher rights and other skills should that be appropriate.
- We have invested heavily in IT. We host CJSM and run a completely paperless cloud-based system which includes apps for iPhone and iPad. We provide the hardware in this regard. This means our work force is incredibly mobile allowing flexible working including from home.
The successful applicant will need: –
- Good Advocacy Skills. BLJ prides itself on our advocacy across the firm, in both our crime and family departments.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Teamwork is essential in the running of our criminal department and the firm in general.
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to work digitally.
- Good communication skills.
- Duty Solicitor qualification.
- Ability to network and promote the firm, not just in criminal law but to cross network and refer between other departments.
To Apply please forward CV and covering letter to email@example.com Please note, no agencies. We will only recruit for this post via direct application.